Friday, February 20, 2009

Ultimate Shrimp Scampi

Here's an amazing and amazingly easy pasta recipe I thought I'd share:

Ingredients:
1 package (16 oz) of angel hair pasta or spaghetti if you prefer
1/2 cup of butter
4 cloves of garlic minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon of salt but if you are using salted butter then I usually skip and add at the end, to taste
1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper or as much as you like. I usually use more:)
1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice, usually takes about 2 lemons
1 teaspoon of dry white wine (optional and I've never made it with it)
1 pound or bag of raw tiger shrimp, deveined and thawed
1/2 cup of asisago cheese or what I do is cube pieces of aged chedder and add that to the dish and sprinkle with Asiago. Mainly because I find Asiago too overpowering. When I've made it like this I've gotten more compliments:)
1 large (or more) avocado- peeled, pitted and diced. I also sprinkle lemon juice on to keep from discoloring.

1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and add the pasta, cook until package says.
2. Melt the butter on medium heat and stir in garlic, salt, pepper, onion, parsley, lemon juice, and worcestershire sauce and wine (if using), increase to medium high and add shrimp. Cook about five minutes or until shrimp are pink and no longer transparent in center.
3. Add noodles and diced cheese to sauce pan and toss.
4. Once plated, sprinkle with Asiago cheese and diced avocado.

Enjoy! It's so yummy and honestly is so easy to make.

Yields 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment