Friday, February 20, 2009

Popcorn Cake

Here is a great recipe for kids or adults. It is so yummy, I almost ate the entire thing! Hello 10 pounds! Anyways, it's great for kids parties or picnics.

1 cup butter
1 bag of mini marshmallows
16 cups popped popcorn (airpopped is best) look below for how to do this...
1 bag of m&m's or smarties or whatever chocolate pieces you like
1 cup chocolate covered peanuts ( I skipped this and added peanut butter chips intead)

For popcorn-
I take a midsized pot and add a tablespoon of olive oil and turn the stove on high. Once the pot is hot I cover the bottom with popcorn seeds. I stir the seeds around fast until I see one pop. Then I cover and move the pot around in circular motion lifting the cover up a bit to let out the steam. Do this until the corn is all popped.

DIRECTIONS

1. Melt the butter and marshmallows in heavy pan over low heat. Stir often.
2. Put popcorn in a large bowl and pour marshmallow mix over top. Stir well to mix. Add the candy and whatever else you like , and mix together. Pack into a greased tupperware container or cake pan. Let set till cooled. Cut into pieces and serve.

It's supposed to be eaten in a few days or it gets mushy. Also, if you like you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the marshmellow butter mix for a little extra flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment